PDF Unable to Print

I have just updated revisions and sent a PDF file for printing. I have been informed that the reproduction company is unable to print due to very poor quality? I have not changed any setting from precious submissions and have repeated the process 3 times. What would cause this? I have made PDF copies from this file prior to this experience several times with no issues. Is there a solution? What should I be looking for? I need to provide contractors with up to date revised copies? Thanks.

Go to "Print" and then in the lower left of the Print Dialog is a pulldown. Chose the first selection "Save As PDF" (see attached). Make sure to choose a discreet name and known location (like your desktop, temporarily) and then click "Save".

There is also a very cool little piece of software called "Combine PDF's" which I use all time to create multi-page PDF's. See it here: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/Software/CombinePDFs.shtml [sorry Windows users, this one is Mac only ;-( ]

Yes I know that all this can be done from within VW's, but I have always done it the other way and have never run into any problems. So why change? Also, most of my plan sets are less than 20 sheets, so it's not a huge endeavor...

Peter,

Thanks for your suggestions. I still have an on going problem with this file. I have discussed the issue with the reproduction printing department. The topic of title blocks came up. Interestingly, I have updated info in the title block for this project. I set my title block as a default and have been using it. I however have made an error and am not able to delete an older version from the title block default folder. Can you delete a default symbol/folder. I am not able to do so? How do I delete the older converted versions? I do not seem to delete them in the resource browser? I am not sure if this is currently part of the printing problem?

Thanks

You can only remove these sorts of (primary) resources from the folder where they reside. I think (but you should double check) that you'll find it in Users>Your Name> App Support> VW's>Etc....

You should be able to purge it from your current document, as long as it is unused..

Be careful with all this. Pat or Ray are way more knowledgable than I am regarding these types of questions... Any suggestions guys??

Anything that is showing up in Default Content (Title Block symbols are one example) lives in the one of the Default Content folders.

Information that ships with VW is located in:

Applications:Vectorworks 2011:Libraries:Defaults

If you add information to Default Content you should put it in your user folder:

Users:User Name:Library:Application Support:Vectorworks:2011:Libraries:Default

For title blocks there is a folder called: Sheet Border - Title Blocks

In that folder are four regular VW files that happen to have symbols in them. These symbols will show up as Default Content for the Sheet Border - Title Block tool.

You can remove (I recommend that you move them, not delete them) if you don't want to see them. You can either remove the entire file or just open and edit it in VW to remove the offending symbol(s).

Your custom title block symbol may have gotten stored in either location. You will have to track it down.

Enough info Peter ;-)