Adobe Help System irritation

Is there any way to avoid these most irritating things about the Adobe Air Help system ?

1) When searching for a term like ?circle? it will show the text with every instance of the word ?circle? in a gray box fill that makes it difficult to read smoothly. I?d like to ?turn off? the gray box.

2) When displaying the text of paragraphs, the full extent (left-right) of the text is not displayed within the help window and I constantly have to re-size the window to read the whole paragraph.

bc the reality is that most users don't look at manuals whether they are print copies or not. Also in an increasingly mobile world electronic manuals are more convenient for many.

As Peter points out the PDF versions of the manuals are on the CD and thus you don't have to access them through Adobe Air.

Adobe Air does have some advantages:

- It is linked to the What's This option in Help.

- You can add bookmarks for information that is important to you.

- You can access information by the index (often more effective) as well as by searching.

If you copy the files from the Install CD to your computer you can then open them with Acrobat Reader or another PDF reader rather than having them open in the Adobe Air window.

The option is also there for those who absolutely do need printed copies of the manuals to take them to a print shop and have them printed and bound. Users can also print only those sections that they need or are interested in.

"If you copy the files from the Install CD to your computer you can then open them with Acrobat Reader or another PDF reader rather than having them open in the Adobe Air window."

I realize this and do both and it just seems that there isn't much difference (another click?)between opening and using the PDF from my desktop or opening and using the PDF from within AIR.

"The option is also there for those who absolutely do need printed copies of the manuals to take them to a print shop and have them printed and bound. Users can also print only those sections that they need or are interested in."

WAY fewer people would be doing this than would be reading a printed manual if provided. I think people DO read the manual printed or otherwise and that the decision to not print one was a decision based on 80% money and 20% environment, not usage.

And I don't have much of a problem with AIR or PDF except I agree with the Petri perturbance as stated and I wish there were a printed manual because I am old school but I am functioning without it.

Does anyone have an answer for question #2?

Edited by bc