3d resolution issue

grant_PD

Question

I've been prepping a presentation and noticing that all of my circular floor objects are rendering out polygonal instead of circular. After bringing my 3d resolution on the renderer up to full, and the resolution in VW preferences, there was no change to my renders.

It was only after I went into the floor objects and replaced my circles with new circles that they began to render smoothly.

If I change my resolution settings, I expect that VW should recalculate all of my swept and circular objects. For me to have to go back into the file and do it manually makes no sense at all. It makes the option of changing your preferences completely useless.

1 answer to this question

Grant, this continues to come up and a month or so ago, it was suggested that Drawing Prefs might be the culprit, Resolution tab and set it to 300dpi. Yes, 300.

But that didn't make any difference either! not for me anyway.

so i assumed it was just because i was using an old Mac with an old version of VW. Obviously not.

Lat's hope if there is a way of sorting this out that someone out there can bring it to light soon, if not, a promt NV solution . . . . . .