Chain extrude along curved path

I have just upgraded to Vextorworks 2011 and am trying to use the chain extrude command.

I have got it to work well along a straight-sided polygon but now I want to extrude the same objects around a circular arc.

The chain extrude options imply that you can use different sorts of curves to extrude along but when I choose the 'point on arc' mode it generates a rectilinear extrusion.

Am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood the tool's capabilities?

Thanks

David Wilson

Looks like a bug to me.

In fact this is a singularly quirky tool, from what I can tell there is:

No access to the CE as a menu Item (unlike Tapered Extrude, Multiple Extrude...)

No way to create your desired profile before actually running the tool - although subsequent edits are possible.

The default profile touches down as two open polygons and renders hollow!

While it is possible to provide a separate color to the ribs & the extrude by classing the profile there is no way to assign a Texture to the object.

If I remember correctly some of this was possible in earlier iterations,

seems like time for some tlc for this one.

Edited by bcd

Thanks for response.

Also struck me as strange that it is not possible to specify the extrude path in advance of the command.

But would be happy to live the UI if I could just get it to draw some solids in the right place.

I have reported this to Vectorworks support.

I haven't posted this kind of query/bug report with them before. How good at they at responding to this kind of thing? Sounds to me like it might need some real work still - which doesn't bode well.

Dave