Site modefiers

alfresco

The Site Modeling tools in 2010 are very similar to those in 2011, and I have used both with equal success. That said, these processes take a lot of patience and some amount of trial and error. Here are a couple things you might check. Are you sure that a) there are no Site Modifiers touching or overlapping each other? b) That all Pads & Graders are entirely surrounded by a Boundary Object (formerly called a "Fence") and are not touching or overlapping the Boundary? c) As appropriate, use the Simplify 3d Polys command to reduce the vertices of the source objects?

Also, when you say the "system freezes" what exactly are you seeing? If it is the spinning beach ball, as opposed to an outright crash, then I would guess that the program is still working and will (maybe) finish if given enough time. I've seen complex site models that take many minutes to update, even on a reasonably fast machine.

If you're still having problems, and if your file isn't too huge, maybe post it here so others can take a quick look.

Hope that helps,

Hi, I'm an Italian User of VW2009 with MacOS 10.5.8 (sorry in advance for my English Language and if I'm not precise).

I'm having problems with site modifiers in a project.

The contour lines are costrained by immaginary invisible lines that converge towards a point of a leveler poliline.

For better explanation I send images of the model.

I tried everything to resolve this problem but without success. Can anybody help me?

The file is 8.9 Mb (5.6Mb compressed).

I try sending two screenshots of the model.

Many thanks in advance

Ric

I've problems in explaining you the matter. I succeeded in reducing the file size of the model so I can post it to let you understand directly the question.

Please give a look and tell me what's wrong.

It's all the day that I'm breaking my mind in trying to solve this problem.

Thank you again.

Riccardo

I got it to work (using newer version of VW's). I think you had your 3d Display set to "None". To change this select Site Model. In Object Info select "2d Display = Proposed Only"

The other thing I found is that this is a very very complicated Site Model and it takes a long time to update (2-3 minutes on my machine).

I have attached a ScreenShot for you. Good Luck!