find and replace text not working on dates

actually "find-replace text " works here with "normal" words but not dates with a dot in it.... thats bad news if you (me) have to change dates on many viewports which was easy as in VW 2010...grrrr

just faced an othe problem...

Tried to change a textur on walls works normal than with a duplicatet textur where i changed only the image all the other textures disapeer..like holes in the wall this program is getting VERY messy!

i still love it because i know a lot of it. But nowadays it confuses everybody (me again!) with multible planes and other changable parameters to make live harder and i guess is used for 10% of the dayly butter and bread jobs! it feels all ballet and i want squaredance! relyable simple easy with a touch of elegance!

Well try to make my renders now somehow!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Joerg, I have looked up your bug in the database. Appended to its entry is a note from one of our QA people (Aksenia) that she was not able to reproduce your bug. She notes that she has asked you for a bug file (i.e. a file that demonstrates the bug) but she has not heard back from you. Perhaps her request to you hit your spam filter?

Robert, it needs an active edit of the search string field AND this string to be different than the stored prefs. It's choking on evaluating the stored prefs, apparently.

Joerg, beruhige dich, bitte. As long as this isn't fixed you can achieve your replacement simply editing the search string in any fashion, just make it different, eventually edit to anything different, close the dialog, re-launch, edit it to your needs.

Don't use the proposed string showing in the edit field upon launching the dialog, you MUST change it.

orso

Thanks Robert and Orso,

Ahh well so it's not working on copy and paste....one have to type the excisting text again in the field of the dialog box.

Its all a bit strange behaviour. I just worked on a file to send to Bugsubmit again, to illustrate the problem but with this file it worked (actually with copy and paste!) and than i saw your post Orso and tried in the file i submitted earlier and this file does not work with copy paste but it does when i type the string in... ok at least a work arround if..!