Date Stamp Tool

OK here is maybe a no-brainer. I would like to use the Date Stamp Tool (DST) to stamp every time I complete a revision. I have noticed that occasionally if I stamp a sheet the date will change on its own sporadically. Also When I attempt to generate a report for the DST all I get for values is True of False not the actual date, time and filename.

Anybody have any feedback on this one?

Bryan, a good way is to use the Issues combined with Issue Manager. You need to have prepared title blocks for this to work well. See documentation for Custom Title Blocks.

Then I refine this using worksheets parsing Redlines (might well be a misusage). The worksheets display a filtered amount of Redlines. Please see screenshots.

Is rather simple: whenever you add Redlines in your source documents, they list then automatically in the sheet layers displaying them. The worksheets are local and parse these data filtering by layer.

This way I can also keep a total log of all smallest changes for the whole project.

One day I'll make myself the total revision parser, project wide, through ODBC. Which is among the best 3 features of VW 2011, on my opinion.

orso

I have thought about doing something similar to my title block as well. I already have a Redline Log to show open and closed redlines with who by and Notations.

I just thought it would be nice to use the data stamp tool to generate a log of revisions.

I have a revision list that I put in my title block that I just don't use like I should. I guess I am a little lazy that way. I was looking for something, well a date stamp to make it easier.

Petri, it should work. I did test the VS access throughly and the last I saw was absolutely working fine. If something doesn't work again we'll find out.

Should also work like a charm from inside PIOs. You need unfortunately either FileMaker 11 if you want a light life, or some really heavy hacking. But I got it going even on FM 8 (with Major Pain). Just keep that FM file constantly open. That's the drawback.

Tested also on RagTime and Excel. I didn't get it to work on Excel Mac because the version that I scratched up (4 Mac 2004 licenses, relicts from a bankrupt office) didn't support ODBC. Should try still on PC in the office. I am sure is absolutely no problem.

Soon we could give it a go together. When I re-emerge to life from this nightmare here at work.

orso

I don't understand what it does, the manuals are not downloadable nor is there any description in detail. Anyway, as far as I can see, it's VS and no SDK, so they can do nothing more than I can. For that money I wouldn't ever buy anything, BTW, not when I can do it myself.

I just need to merge this kind of functionality into some other stuff I have for generic project management, it should be no problem at all. Only need time, something more than 2 hours before going to work.

orso