2011 Hidden Line render in 3D text not appearing

I am finding in a project I am working on all of my text is not appearing in a isometric, front, right or any 3d view when I apply a hidden line render. Curious to know if this is something that others are seeing or just me and if anyone can think of any obvious setting I might be missing.

Examples are if I have a dimension that's plane is set to 3d and it is showing the elevation of a extrude when I look in wirframe it appears correct but the hidden line the text portion goes away while the leader lines are still rendered.

I also have some text that is flat on the ground labeling a area and it is on the 3d plane, but when I go to hidden line it disappears.

Matt

Hallo matt,

I have the same experience with the VW2011SP1 Trial

The 3d text doesn't show in Viewports in line render mode.

In FQRW and other Render Modes the Text is unreadable up to 600 dpi because of Pixelation.

My solution was:

duplicate the viewport and allign the copies

set the upper viewport to WireFrame Render Mode and

make all Classes execept Dimensions invisible.

make the dimensions Class in the rendered Viewport invisible

---> The dim. text is readable and 3d dimensions in VW are no longer a dream! juhu.

example attached

Edited by Horst M.

My issue is more in that some of the text I want to see is in the 3d portion of symbols that illustrate what they are. I do not wish to go through the various symbols reassign this text to a class and then reproduce this. Just a bug I guess.

Edited by MattG

Hi Matt,

yes it's a bug, and it's anoying.

But the Method with the duplicated viewport ist the only Way to work arround this Problem.

And for me its better than waiting or just missing 3d Dimension and text capabilities.

Besides that I'm pretty shure, it is the only method to use the 3d Text in FQRW without having the Problem with pixeled and unreadable text in 3d.

I am having problems export files with 3D text as a pdf.

Please see attached

I have another sheet with 3D text that exports fine and I can't for the life of me see what the difference is.

Both texts are in viewports and they render properly in VW. I can also export properly by going through the print dialogue box and 'save as pdf' (this is a mac thing) which works well.

Any thoughts?

Edited by GWS
  • 2 weeks later...