Door / Cased Opening Schedule

Moehl

I'd like to create two different schedules, one for doors and one for archways (aka cased openings). When i create a door schedule, it combines the two. I understand that it would do this because you use the door tool to create cased openings, but is there a way to separate them into two schedules? Or is there a way to have the schedule listed alphabetically by ID Prefix?

Thanks,

-Mike

I don't think you can do it via the standard Worksheet criteria dialog unless you put them in different classes, but you can edit them manually.

When you do Tools:Reports:VA Create Schedule and do a Door Schedule, you get the following Criteria:

=DATABASE(((R IN ['Door']) & ('Door'.'OnSched'=TRUE)))

I copied this by selecting the Header Row (row 4) and then right clicking on the row header (4) and choosing Edit Criteria. I then closed the dialog box and the above formula was in the formula bar for the worksheet.

If you only want to show cased openings, change the formula above to:

=DATABASE(((R IN ['Door']) & ('Door'.'OnSched'=TRUE) & ('Door'.'Config'='Cased Opening')))

to show only doors that are not cased opening change the formula to

=DATABASE(((R IN ['Door']) & ('Door'.'OnSched'=TRUE) & ('Door'.'Config'<>'Cased Opening')))

I might have to take back what I said before about not being able to use the dilog box to edit. If the & before the ('Door'.'Config' shows up as a vertical bar | then you will have to edit it manually. If it shows up as an & then you are OK.