hatch, fill 3d surface

Uli

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Thank you Kizza,

the problem I see is that I have always more than one geometry and a lot of work.

1. Drawing in 3d,

2. Extract,

3. Convert to 2d polygon,

4. Hatch (or the other way round)

So if I draw in 3d geometry and change something, I have to do the same procedure again and I always have more than one geometry for the same thing.

Maybe I missed sth.

Edited by Uli

So if I draw in 3d geometry and change something, I have to do the same procedure again and I always have more than one geometry for the same thing.

It appears that way. As I am very new to VW myself the first thing I noticed about applying graphics is what you yourself have posted.

My presentation style is similar to this style c/o poster Mar Schrammeyer

I believe I need to use textures to achieve this style so i will need to work on my photoshop skills to achieve it.

Edited by Kizza

Thanks for your suggestions.

Do you have different organasations for 2d and 3d? So you have two different surfaces for 2d and 3d Presentation? How do you keep the track, if you change 2d or 3d surfaces? Or do you work only in 3d with textures and present them also in 2d?

Hope its not too confusing :-)

VW Landmark 2010 (no Renderworks)

Cinema 11

Win 7 64

Edited by Uli

Not intending to hijack this thread but...

When creating your presentation drawings you create the base model and add the graphical presentation in viewports?

I thought the process would be to create the model, and add the graphical stuff in an isometric view. This way you get a feel for the overall project as you design it. Also, this way, if you make a viewport change (say a custom rotation) then you have to re-do your presentation graphics? (planar graphics)

Edit:

Reread your post, it appears you add all graphical content in a 3D view

Edited by Kizza