exports to pdf result in overblown objects

Howdy all,

There are times when a full-sized 36" X 24" plot is not necessary. I would like to export to a PDF, using "current view", and print on a regular 8.5" X 11" or 11" X 14" paper. However, when I export that way so many of my objects are so overblown that it's hard to make out what it is. I can best describe it as looking like somebody used a fat magic marker, rather than a ball-point pen, to draw the objects. This does not happen when I export into a full-size plot.

Is this something I can fix by changing some setting? Or is this just something happens when exporting with the "use current view" option checked.

Thanks.

mj

My personal opinion is that I typically work on a nice ARCH D or whatever size you want big plot and export it to a pdf that size and just prind the pdf with fit to whatever size you want to selected.

I am guessing when you are trying to export to pdf you are doing it on a design layer and your page set up options are in some way goofy, that is what I would guess is your problem.

Are you exporting from a design layer or a sheet layer? Did you check to make sure your line weights are appropriate for the scale of the (exported) drawing?

Did you know that if you use a viewport, which can be cropped as desired, you can then scale the line weights by using the "Advanced Properties" dialog. The values entered can be larger than "1" or smaller than "1"... Therefore, if the line weight is too heavy you can set the it to be 0.5 (eg) in the advanced props and it will reduce by half, etc. etc...