2nd computer issue

I use a laptop (not much) for when I am about. I had the trial 2011 on both machines, then got the full version and installed on both. My tower has been running fine for 2 months but I went to use the laptop in the field the other day and it claims my subscription is past due.

Did they do away with the 2 computer install allowance?

Should I completely erase 2011 from the laptop and reinstall?

If there is anyone with a similar problem?

As I understand it it is fine and legal to run two copies on two machines as long as they are NOT running at the same time. VW's is online checking your license(s) via the internet. Try quitting the program on both machines, then restart it on one at a time. This has worked in the past, but I haven't actually tried it lately. HTH's

Bryan, if you read my post carefully you will note that it is probably because your machine at the office is on and has VW's running, and it's presumably connected to the internet, therefore VW's knows that your license is already in use when you try to open VW's on the second machine... 40 miles is the same as 40 inches to the internet...

Peter, I get the internet thing, but if I turn off the airport on the laptop, no mater where I am I get the same thing. I have never had this issue with other versions. I am wondering if it is due to the 30 trial has timed out but for some reason not accepting the new serial.

Its just kinda weird.

Thanks though for the replies, I'll let you know how all turns out.