dashed (&other) line type scales

user Q

sorry for being so dense-but. . .

model space is 1:1 & view port is 3/16=1-0

i am changing the dashed line 'dashed line scale' and updating but

nothing is working. the scale factor for 3/16 = 64 so i entered 64, then tried 1/64, then random numbers - nothing is changing the appearance.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Try adjusting both the line weight scale and the dash scale in VP Advanced Properties.

I find that line weight has a lower limit beyond which the VP Advanced Properties will not change the stroke (line weight/width).

Anyway, when the DL and VP have really different scales, the dash scale needs help from the line weight scale. Both properties at same scale can mush up the spaces btw dashes.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

thanks for the great advice - but still nothing!! tried lots of line weight & dash line scale combination's and the only thing that changes is the line weight scale.

when i switch the DL to 3/16 the dashes show fine but it still does not change the way displayed in the VP

tried several DL line thicknesses & line types also. the dashes are not showing up in the VP.

'zoom line thickness' was off - now it is on - tried everything again - no luck

Maybe an example from you would help? Switch to Full Reply and use the File Manager to post a new VW file with just a few DL objects and a single Sheet Layer View Port which demonstrates the situation. Use the layer and VP scales you have now, and the same line/dash styles.

Also, it helps with troubleshooting to know your VW version(s) and a bit about your computer system. Please use the My Stuff tab on this forum to create a profile & signature showing this info.

-B

Q: It's good practice for your design layer to be at the same scale you intend for the viewport on the sheet layer. When you change a design layer to, lets say (1/4"=1'-0") you are still drawing at a 1:1 scale on the design layer. By doing so you are "calibrating" the design layer to the intended viewport which ensures the scale of text and lines remain unchanged.

• 3 months later...

In Unified View, layers which differ in scale from the active layer do not display. There is an "Ignore" checkbox in the UniView Options, but checked or unchecked, I can't get different scale layers to display.

In non unified view, all visible layers display when any of the show other options are selected in layer visibility.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw