Double curved wall

I am trying to draw a wall that is curved in plan view and also has a slope in its run from SR to SL from 12'6 to 18'. Obviously I could loft NURBS curves to create the basic shape, but it has several doors that would be easier to use plug-in objects for rather than cutting holes in a NURBS and lining up doors to fit the holes.

So far I can make a linear rise quite easily, but not a sloping cured rise as it wants to be.

Suggeastions?

Hi Lucas,

If the slope is constant along the circumference of the wall, just switch to a front view and use the selection tool to pull one corner up or down. Use the floating data bar (Drag+tab) to get an accurate height.

If you want a constant slope from SR to SL, so that in front view the profile is linear, you need a couple more steps. Add your doors to your curved wall first. Next, switch to front view and create an extrude that completely covers the part of the wall you want to cut away at an angle. Switch to top view, and make sure your extrude covers the plan area of your wall. Next perform a solid subtraction with your wall and the extrude. Your door holes will remain in the resulting solid subtraction.

-Josh

Lucas, I have to agree with the Fit Walls To Roof command workflow here. It is FAR easier to create some temporary 3D geometry, tell the walls to fit to it, then delete the geometry than to go to the shenanigans involved in the other tactics mentioned. I don't even want to go into the possible problems you set up for yourself using the Wall Recess like you did.

• 2 weeks later...