Cannot switch between multiple files

The same problem happened to me with VW2009 after installing the VW2011 US trial version and updating to SP1.

When I tried to switch to another drawing via the window (or view, not sure about the name in the English version) menu it makes no difference which drawing I selected, it always stayed in the active drawing.

There were other issues with VW2009 as well after installing the VW2011 US trial version, so I deinstalled the trial.

The problem with switching windows remained, and even removing all folders, files and registry entries I could locate of both VW2011 trial and VW2009 and reinstalling VW2009 did not solve the problem.

If I tile the documents, then I can switch between document windows by clicking in the window of the document that I want to become active, but still not through the window (or view) menu.

When I still had a Mac I did have Quick Keys, but since I'm on Windows Vista I no longer have it (and I thought Quick Keys is Mac only).

The problems only started after installing the trial version of VW2011 with SP1. All other problems in VW2009 that appeared after the install of VW2011 are gone after the deinstall of VW2011 and the reinstall of VW2009 except for the changing of documents issue.

All servicepacks, updates etc. for Windows re installed as well as the most recent graphics card driver.

Now that I am thinking, during the few days when SP1 was not available, I don't recall having had this issue but I'm also not sure I had to change windows in VW2009 during that time. It was not until after the VW2011 SP1 install that I noticed all those problems in VW2009 so it might have been introduced with the SP1 update.

• 2 months later...

It has taken a while, but I have reinstalled the computer having this problem. At first I could switch between drawing windows again without problems.

After installing some other software the problem came back so it definitely looks like a matter of conflicting software. My guess is it might be ObjectDock from Stardock (also makes WindowBlinds etc.). ObjectDock is similar to the Apple docking thingy.

If you have a utility installed that is a docking utility or something that alters the looks of Windows you may want to check if disabling/deinstalling it may solve the problem.

In my case the problem started after installing the VW2011 trial version but it might have been the docking utility after all, so I'm not sure that the number of fonts was the cause in my case.

But I will try your suggestion anyway to see if it helps.

Did the VW tech mention whether the fonts had to be removed permanently or that using a font manager utility would work as well?

I copied and saved all the font files to a separate folder and then, in the system font folder, I deleted all the fonts that were not system fonts and that I do not use. I did not use the font manager utility. Now I can always add a font back in the system font folder if I need it.