Polyline Hatches Not Visible in Viewports

Nathan_B

I have never had this problem before, and I have no idea what is causing it. In my 2D drawings, any hatches applied to rectangles will show in viewports. Any hatches applied to polylines will not show in viewports, even though they show on design layers. They even show up when I double click the Viewport and edit the Design Layer while displaying Viewport Attributes. I have checked the following:

- Class turned off (No)

- Layer turned off (No)

- View other than Top/Plan (No)

- Hatch Scale (No)

- Background/Foreground Render (No)

Please help me resolve this outrageously annoying problem.

I have been seeing this as well and I think it's a bug. Very difficult to reproduce with any regularity though. In my case I can fix the problem by double clicking the vp then choosing to go to the design layer where the hatches and fills reside ( where they of course magically reappear!) then going back to the vp, where they will now show up as expected. Until they disappear again...However your problem seems a bit different... I can imagine how annoying it is!

Thank you for your reply. It definitely seems to be a bug of some sort. I don't think the polyline/rectangle was the source of the problem. I found that when a viewport was rotated to a view different that how it appears in the actual drawing, the hatches disappeared.

I have access to two versions of Vectorworks, an Educational Version and the Full Vversion. There is no issue with the drawing file on the Educational Version. I did some work on the file in the Educational Version and opened it in the Full Version and the problem disappeared.

Nathan,

I am sure you know this, but for those who don't, be VERY careful mixing the two versions.

If you open a file in the Ed version and save it, it is watermarked as being an Ed version.

If you copy and paste items from a watermarked file, it will watermark the file they are pasted into.

If you reference data from a watermarked file, it will watermark the file it is referenced into.

If you import a resource from a watermarked file, it will watermark the file it is imported into.

The only way I know to get rid of the watermark is to send the file to NV Tech Support.

Be VERY careful working across the two versions, especially when you are on deadline.