How can I display video content in my model?

ccaddy

Carter -

You have 2 options:

1) If you own a license for Spotlight 2010 or 2011, 3 tools are included that might be what you're needing:

- Video Screen: For single-area projection screens.

- Blended Screens: For edge-blended projection screens.

- Television: For televisions (CRT & plasma/lcd).

2) If you're using a Vectorworks version other than Spotlight 2010 or 2011 (but, 2009 or newer), we offer VideoScreen 4, which is in-essence a suite of the above tools do, but with a few expanded features, as well as an LED array tool. See the link in my signature for more info.

Any of those tools will allow you to display your own content, provided that that content can be turned into Renderworks textures.

Does this answer your question?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yeah - it's cool. It also comes with a library of Vectorworks symbols which are a superset of the Lighting symbols supplied by NV. But you can use both. Good for simulation, but you can also use it to pre-program your console as it works with the many software consoles out there, saving money on hiring the venue before the event too!

Vision is pretty amazing to see in-action. No only does one save venue rental costs, but things not even possible in "reality," like over-head views of the stage/venue - while programming - are incredibly valuable.

The catches are that, to use it, one has to own a license for at least one universe and must be somewhat "lighting-console-fluent."

As to Blade Runner, Tamsin, time to turn in your Sci Fi Club membership card... ;-)

One can use video Files as Texture resources in C4d easily and therefore use Video Material fo the Virtuall Videoscreens .

ESP Vison is very helpfull to save Prod. time for big Shows with lot of Movinglights and very little prod. time.

to setup the VW File for ESp is still a bit challenging for the first time.. :-)

I these days we are working on a ESP Setup for a Perfomance with 4 Universes.

The main advantage is, that we can preprogramm the Lightboard.

The Lightboard controlls the Virtuall lights.The whole Stage design is done in VW, then the File is exported to ESP and and the Lightboard is connected to the Computer by Network to controll the Virtuall lights.

The images attached are C4d Samples.

The Images on the Screens are just jpg Fotos of a previous Performance, but they could be changed to Movie Files anytime.

Edited by Horst M.