Renderworks not accessible.

Upon installing the vectorworks 9.5 update the renderworks portion of the program is not accessible. I have re-installed the package with no success.The program was installed with both serial numbers and at re-installation renderworks did not need to be installed because the information was "already on my hard drive". Help

If you are installing the web based installer, mke sure you have VW and RW 9.0.1 installed to the correct locations. Run the 9.5 web based installer making sure you have entered the appropriate serial numbers for VW and RW. When you get to the screen that selects the components you wish to install, make sure you see RenderWorks there and there is a check mark next to it.

Please note, you cannot move the RenderWorks folder information and RW Library from the VW 901 folder to a VW 9.5 folder. You must go thru the installation and install the RW components

The best thing to do when you are reinstalling software, is to remove the current version of the "bad" install and start with a clean fresh install.

I recommend removing VW 9.5 installation - both VW and RW and reinstalling a clean install.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

quote:

Originally posted by Francisco Javier:
I have the same trouble. If I try to open VW9.5 appear a message asking for the location of MSL C++.PPC.DLL Rel. What is this file? do you know?

I'm not sure but it sounds like you have a bad installation. Try:- Make sure you have a fully operational VW901 folder- Run the updater. In the updater, put in the serial number for the product you are updating (VW Architect, basic VW, etc)- Select the working 901 as the source directory, and install the 950 update into a new directory

You should then have independent 901 and 950 folders, and don't need to manually copy anything between the two.

• 7 months later...