2010- Ungroup doesn't work

BIOS

My ungroup doesn't seem to be working all of the sudden. I checked my workspace shortcuts and ungroup is as normal- CTRL-U but that doesn't work. Even if I click Modify-Ungroup, nothing happens. The only way I can ungroup something is to go into the group, cut it and re-paste it out of the group. Is there something I'm missing? Help would be appreciated!

Definitely not normal, I've never seen this before. Have installed anything recently?

It would help to have more info to troubleshoot. Create a signature with your version of Vectorworks including Service pack updates and computer specs including OS.

Some things to try:

Restart VW.

Restart your computer.

Switch users.

Reinstall VW.

I haven't installed anything recently. It's been consistant for a week or so. Restarting doesn't solve it...I may have to reinstall VW but I didn't want it to come to that. It's not a huge problem but if I want to ungroup multiple groups, it starts to become a pain. My specs are in my signature now. If you think of anything I'd appreciate it.

It seems to be just this file. I haven't noticed because I've only been working with this one file since the problem started. I have created a new group with 3 boxes and it ungrouped no problem. It seems only the existing elements in my file that I group will not ungroup. I can group anything and ungroup new groups with new elements in them, but not existing. Also, nothing is locked either. Maybe just a glitch within my file? Frustrating none the less.

Here is the file. I've stripped most of the file so it will upload. It seems that some of the groups will ungroup without a problem. Some of the other ones will not. For example the furniture groups ungroup fine but the groups at the bottom of the screen, the interior elevations, will not ungroup. Appreciate the help! Thanks

My guess:

Go into Vectorworks Preferences and click the Reset Saved Settings button.

When I ungroup one of your groups I get a dialog box asking if I want to ungroup objects with record or class information. If at some point you checked the Always do the selected action button and clicked No, then you would see the behaviour you are getting.

This was tested in VW2011. I think the behaviour is the same in VW2010.

Still the same problem. Some ungroup, some don't. It seems to be just this file. I wonder what it is about these groups that is different than the others? Perplexing...I seem to always have these small glitches with my PC at work, never on my mac at home. If you think of anything else, let me know. Otherwise I might just reinstall. Thanks Pat.

OK. You are correct. It worked on another machine. And for those groups that don't work on my CPU, it gives me the dialog box asking if I want to ungroup objects with record or class information. But it doesn't give me that option on my CPU. Even now that I have reset my preferences as Pat suggested. Any other ways of resetting things so I can get this dialog box back?