cut a hole in dtm terrain model

bernas

Question

10 answers to this question

I believe that in order to subtract a solid from a site model you will need to lose all the parametric abilities of the object. Not sure why you would want to do that?? Why not use a Site Modifier object instead? If, for example, you create a 'pad' of the desired shape (shape of the hole) with a 'boundary' that is just slightly (and I mean very very slightly) larger than the 'pad', and set the pad's elevation to cut into the site model as deep as needed, when you update the site model you should have a hole in the desired location...

I try to explain better: i made de dtm model. and now i must subtract the area where the building is. should i have made the dtm in a different way? predicting the "negative" of the building? if that's it, what if the building changes? i hope u can help me or give me a link which can do.

tks again

Good evening,

I've made a terrain from stake points but I want to trim it now to the exact site boundary - a polyline which I've projected onto the top surface of the terrain. I've tried extruding a solid through the terrain then subtracting the solid which leaves the right form but without any further editing capabilities (as mentioned above) or fill colour for that matter.

I'd like 90 degree edges at the skirt/hull of the model too.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rupert

28 minutes ago, crossley said:

Good evening,

I've made a terrain from stake points but I want to trim it now to the exact site boundary - a polyline which I've projected onto the top surface of the terrain. I've tried extruding a solid through the terrain then subtracting the solid which leaves the right form but without any further editing capabilities (as mentioned above) or fill colour for that matter.

I'd like 90 degree edges at the skirt/hull of the model too.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rupert

Edit the site model crop, you can replace the crop with your poly line.