Image Import Question

Jed,

The best way that I find to bring images into the 3D environment is to use image props. Just have a look through the help index or a quick youtube search if you haven't used them before.

Using crossed planes you can make an image appear the same from a front/back and a left/right perspective, or use the rotate to viewer function to make it appear the same from any perspective.

Hope that helps,

J

Did this okay but planar image tile only visible in Wireframe render and new objects not visible as solids. In Unshaded polygon render - image fill disappears. Is it possible to create a 3D massing study model with a Google Earth image of the site as the ground plane?

i guess i know what you want... a hybrid symbol!

make a 2d form and import the desired image as an new image resource and drag it onto the 2D element (resize it with the attribute mapping tool or in the image properties)and than create a symbol out of it- than edit 2d content of symbol duplicate 2d elemt convert to 3D polygon and make a new renderworktexture by reusing the image allready imported and give it the same size than on the 2d Element and leave the symbol. you should have a 2D image now and a 3d appearence as soon as you change view

with the hybrid symbol you have the full 2D view + 3D and you can work with open GL fast and smooth at least on a Mac. But yes it is harder first to create and second to edit because you have to edit two contents...actually by thinking of it a floor-element would do the job as well 2d image and 3d shader in one element....!bingo!