Windows 7, 64 bit, memory, system speed, etc.

I may be about to get a new system. I'm surprised I don't see more about system compatibility/advantages here, so....

Does VW2011 play well with Windows 7 64 bit? I THINK I know that it doesn't particularly utilize multi-core processors, or do I misunderstand that? I assume memory size is one of the most important issues, though I don't work on huge files... any recommendations?

Finally, graphic cards: any thoughts? Memory issues?

Thanks for help, sorry I can't frame more coherent questions, I'm still sorting things out. I'm considering an Intel Core i7 machine, probably between 4 and 8Gb of memory. I might be a moving from a laptop (all I've ever used VW on) to a desktop...

Keith

My system

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Twin 1GB hard drives

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1000 mb

6 Gig Ram

It is over twelve months old now

Had a couple of issues with 64 bit Windows - I think they are sorted in VW 2011

Good machine and very fast

No trouble here with W7 64 bits after I made sure my drivers were in place.

VW recommends certain lines of video cars, and NVIDEA seems to be favored, but I have a newer ATI on my laptop and that seems to work fine on my machine. If I recall right, only open GL uses the video card. And yes, the more memory the better for all kinds of calculations.

Someone on these boards reported that the new C4D render engine uses quad core, and that we have to wait until VW 2013 for true quad core VW. By then, 8 core will probably be standard!