2D window graphics

wvancampen

In 2D, how do you make a window appear with a different (say darker) fill for the cut parts (eg jamb, sash) and lighter fill for the rest (eg the sill below)....as per graphic convention? With a door it's straightforward--the fill attribute appears for the leaf and the jamb/trim, and everything else not. With a window everything (jamb, trim, sash, sill etc) gets that fill.

As far as I can tell, differentiating parts via Window Settings/View/Special Classes only affects rendering and 3D, not 2D projections.

Wes & wivc,

I have experienced some strangeness regarding the Window Tool display as well. I believe the attached file has an example of what you are looking for:

.25 line weight on the jamb & glazing

.13 line weight on the sill

This is done with Class assignments.

But I also wanted to see if you can replicate the strange behavior I am seeing. When you open the file you'll see 2 identical windows. The walls they are in both have the same component structure.

If you select one of the walls and delete all the components you will see that the window stops displaying properly.

I don't know why this is. The window settings have not changed.

If you change the wall back, remove the window and re-place it in the wall you find it displays correctly again.

Any thoughts?? Anyone??

People, people. What wivc is talking about is "INFILL" colours. At present this isn't possible.

I wouldn't hold my breath for this wivc. I've been asking for this for the last 5/6 years but always ignored. I don't use the window tool because it's too buggy. It can't even do sloping brick sills properly interacting with walls. Can you believe a BIM program can't do windows properly? Just make your own window symbols.

Add it to the wish list.