OpenGL

GWS

I am finding that when in OpenGL the screen doesn't refresh properly and I either have to re-render or change to wireframe.

Is anyone else finding OpenGL issues with 2011? Could it be a bug or is it me?!!

(This also happens with saved views - I do have the render option ticked in the saved view dialogue box)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Guy:

We saw similar problems with OpenGL rendering in VW 2011 on a brand new iMac here this week.

What fixed it here was to run all OS software updates from Apple - it was a video card driver problem.

Try running all the Apple OS software updates that are available. HTH

Downloads up to date but still having big trouble with the OpenGL screen refresh.

Sometimes even wireframe seems to have trouble displaying some planar objects.

Viewports seem to fail sometimes, they wont render in any form so I make a new one and then it's fine. If I change the scale they render in wireframe but then fail again.

Is it me!!!!!

Edited by GWS

It is good to know I'm not alone!

I'm also finding that when a composed 2D polyline with 2D fillets in it that is on a 3D plane is then decomposed it actually displaces the 2D fillets onto the ground plane and then wont recompose because of the displacement. It is really time consuming to have to realign everything.

It is similar to a problem in 2010 with extrusions on a working plane.

....and I'm still getting the 'auto-rotate' of symbols and PIO's, although it was supposed to be fixed in 2011. This has been mentioned in another thread a couple of months ago.

I do hope someone at NV is having similar issues, and that it is recognised and hence will be fixed.