Christiaan

Earth hatch

Christiaan-

Attached is a 2009 file containing a 45deg earth hatch, along with a few others that I use often in building sections.

HTH,

Tim

Thanks guys. I was looking for something half the scale of these (looks to too big on our 1:5 details) so I think I'm going to have to break out the manual. I just know this is going to end in tears.

Edit: Scratch that, Mike's wins. I'll just use Page units instead of World.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Edited by Christiaan

Christiaan-

You can scale the entire hatch to be what you want.

Go to 'Edit Hatch...' and at the bottom is 'Scale...' where you can apply the scale factor to all levels at once. Then up separate hatches for each drawing scale you want (Earth 1:5, Earth 1:10, etc).

Regards,

Tim

Mike- Thanks for the tip. I use that tool quite a bit, but it has its drawbacks when you want graphic consistency between multiple files & users.

As far as I know, since the modified hatch does not show up on the Resource Browser list, you are not able to export it to another file. You have to use the eyedropper tool, but that doesn't work if you have multiple users working on the same project files.

I'm with The Blind Expert, I find it quicker and more consistent to have multiple hatches at different scales. But when I need to rotate a hatch, the Attribute Mapping tool is the only way to go.

Regards,

Tim

Hi All,

I am looking for an earth hatch (such as the OP was after), but can't seem to access the link at the top or attachments. I'm guessing these don't work since the forum moved? Could someone post up again please?

Thanks!

They aren't yet visible to everyone, they should be back after the web team finishes cleaning things up. 

• Like 1