Sign in to follow this  
Alan Boughey

Developing for the mac

I am just looking to get into plug-in development. I note that the Nemetschek website says that "The Vectorworks SDK requires Microsoft Visual C++ for Windows development and/or Metrowerks CodeWarrior for Macintosh development"

The Metrowerks Codewarrior for Mac is no longer available or supported and has not been for some time. Are alternate C++ products supported. If so, can anyone advise which packages are suitable?

The programming language also needs to be updated from C++ to C#.

When this happens, I am certain that many programmers will begin creating things for VW! C++ is really holding people back!

Yes, Xcode is what you're after. Pay special attention to the setting up of targets, and locating header files. A lot of the build errors you'll get are related to Xcode not being able to locate hard-coded paths to headers and static libraries.