What Gives!

I know I am a cheapskate for running the 2011 demo till the end but in the last few days I have encountered LOTS of bugs and problems. PDF's don't print on other printers. The new exist tree tool now has psychedelic colors on the tree. I am not able to use the color opacity bar. And I know that bringing old files in is always risky, but they would look great if I was on LSD, but they print and show fine on a PDF.

Are Others having the same issues. Or should I order the disk and reload?

And What happened to the layer ability for Opacity?

I'm tired. Goodnight. Chat tomorrow oops later today.

In all fairness it is called the 'Evaluation' version ie evaluate and decide! It has nothing to do with cheapness....... I hope I get my ordered version within the next few days, "Your Vectorworks license will expire on 2010/10/06" is starting to worry me.......

If I recall correctly your reasoning reflects exactly what I felt when 2010 came out, now running the 2 parallel 2010 feels very stable! I guess essential good practice would be to buy each version AFTER the first 3 SPs......at least until NVW take the time to do proper Beta testing and fixing before releasing.

Perhaps VW should be developed continually and Beta testing should be done by all 'users' as soon as a new function is developed instead of putting it all in a new release.......practically every new released feature can be made available to those of us that have paid an annual upgrade fee or the service license!? I think this would improve overall stability, and reduce initial release instability frustrations.

Edited by Vincent C

Vincent, I do agree with the beta testing. I should clarify that my comment was not in anger gut more questioning my problems. Were they VW or me. You need o realize this has been a very bad computer week for me, the proverbial Murphy has moved in full time. As for the changes to VW overall I like them just gotta wrap my head around them. Still wondering why no opacity.

As for being cheap. I hope you didn't think I was speaking for anyone else. I usually buy the new release first.

Also still confused with the PDF's I saved down to 2010 last night and then sent out to client, those printed. However earlier in the eval I had no problems.

And yes the your time is up soon keeps popping up, I am hoping this has nothing to do with the problems as when they started was when I noticed problems.

No worries Bryan :) I always find it hard to keep going with a stable 'older' version until the new version has been fixed because there usually are quite a few bugs before SP1. I got my paid version today so I'm OK. However it can be very frustrating to start new projects in the new version and then have to go back to the old because of all the bugs.......I'm only doing small projects in 2011 for the time being.....

Vincent, I here you on the whole SP1 thing, I will most likely be working in 2010 for a bit till things are fixed.

PS. I also noticed that the offset on a curve issue is still around. The one where on a curve if you want to offset on one side but it dose it on the other then every other offset is correct from there.

I will call VW today and see if this, and my other problems are an issue with the program and just needs to be reinstalled. I will report back.

I will still look for Murphy and kick him out. been a problem all week.

Perhaps VW should be developed continually and Beta testing should be done by all 'users' as soon as a new function is developed instead of putting it all in a new release.......practically every new released feature can be made available to those of us that have paid an annual upgrade fee or the service license!? I think this would improve overall stability, and reduce initial release instability frustrations.

Perhaps after you have purchased in line with this idea a monthly payment plan could be introduced

You should still have the option to upgrade annually or when ever if that is your choice but monthly subscribers could be ?Beta Testers? as early adopters are any way

NV may not like this idea though as now yearly what happens users are mainly kept in the dark and surprise, surprise this is the new release, this is what you get like it or not

Why not also have more robust user feed back for Wish Lists as in the ArchiCAD forum ? image attached

Why not also have more robust user feed back for Wish Lists as in the ArchiCAD forum ? image attached

I completely agree with this idea.

I for one would much rather have NV spend their time and effort fixing bugs in Vw before they spend any time on developing a portable Vw version for iOS / Android (which I could care less about). I understand the desire to keep up with the competition - but NV needs to keep their flagship operating properly.

Regards,

Tim

I for one would much rather have NV spend their time and effort fixing bugs in Vw before they spend any time on developing a portable Vw version for iOS / Android (which I could care less about

Totally agree - instead Apple should get there act together and make the ipad a real tool and allow a full version of VW, or ArchiCAD or AutoCAD or Revit or whatever to be installed

This is 2010 not 1990

That is what should happen

I have heard that Aussie stocks were to arrive on Friday, so delivery is soon....

I read what the rest of the world complains of on VW- the windows and doors PIOs being clunky, and the stairs, etc. and feel sorry for all the VW fraternity that doesn't have access to Australian content and add-ons.

It's like the companies that take stock factory cars and hot them up... Ozcad adds so much more than the standard VW coming out of the 'factory'.

I would recommend to anyone who wants to hot up their VW experience to purchase windoor and animation works and all the extra bells and whistles. Especially before the aussie dollar rises any more.

Regards,

Simon