Section viewports

Assemblage

The VW folk presented here in London yesterday, and I put this question to them. Hidden line section vp's go through the VW side not the C4D engine. Textures, lighting, and the like go through the C4D engine only.

I took from this that projects with multiple section vp's (eg internal room elevations) might be best split into a number of files to avoid the long updating times.

The other thing we learnt yesterday is that the 64 bit version of VW is due in 2013.

The other thing we learnt yesterday is that the 64 bit version of VW is due in 2013.

If this is true, it just proves what I've been saying for a long time - The development rate at NemV is ridiculously slow.

Other major CAD software (AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, etc.) are already 64-bit at this point in time.

This is dissappoiting. I hope you're wrong.

Here is some info from Australia's Ozcad (local distributor and developer).

64 Bit Windows

While Vectorworks is fully supported in both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows environments, we generally recommend using a 64 bit Windows operating system for Vectorworks 2011.

While Renderworks is fully supported in both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows environments, we strongly recommend using a 64 bit Windows operating system for Renderworks 2011, as it will take full use of 64 bit addressing.

With those recommendations having been made, we have noticed that drivers for 64 bit Windows can be somewhat more problematic than those for the more mainstream 32 bit versions of Windows. Should you choose to run 64 bit Windows you should make sure that you carefully choose your hardware and driver versions to avoid problems.

Been running Windoz 7 64 bit on my main drawing puter for 18 months

Biggest problem has been VW - not big things - little things

Ray Libby had been using 64 bit also but went back to 32 bit because he could not get drivers for his Kensington mouse I think

My laptop is 32 bit so I have been able to check some issues

Had a quick look at one of the problems where a composed polyline with curves - you could not snap to a point on the poly and draw a line or another poly sometimes - the line would snap to what I think was the centre or part of that arc in the poly

VW 2011 Evaluation version I think has fixed this - will have to wait until I get my copy of 2011 but that will not be until SP1 is released