losing patience

jnr

I'm getting continuous runtime errors with 9.5. I have a converted 8.5 file upgraded to 9.0, to 9.01 to 9.5. When work group referencing 8 files into this file, within about ten miscellaneous commands, the progam crashes. This is always so much fun when you have a deadline and have to explain to the client that they can't have thier documents because you can't get them out of the machine. begining with win 98 se to Win 2K p4 512k ram. Any ideas? mad.gif" border="0

Yes they are on a networked drive several folders deep. All on 9.5. Each file referenced (call it a source file) contains one or two layers only. The program crashes if I have open, or have opened the file referenced to (call it the composite file). It will crash even if I am working in a source file having opened the composite file.

It sounds like I need to move the directory up in the pecking order to see if it stops. Thanks-J

Does the program seem to crash at the same point of the referencing ? If yes, at what point durring the reference?

All of the files you are bringing in are all version 9.5 correct?

Are you referencing in the entire drawings, or are you only bringing in a few layers?

Are these files stored on a network several folders deep?

We have noticed a number of files causing a crash when referencing files located several folders deep on a network drive.

As a test, put a few of the documents on your desktop and try to reference the files in. If you are sucessful at bringing in the other files, then you will need to move the files closer to the root of the network drive where the files are stored.

That sounds like a very band-aid-like solution. I hope that Nemetschek is treating it as a bug, either on Nemetschek's end or as a MacOS bug which should be fixed by Apple. Really, orgainizing one's project files structure around is simply unacceptable.

Does VW currently have the ability to remove from the reference the path? This would allow one to move the project during or after production and yet maintain the link.