artlantis files

In previous versions of VW, ArtLantis was able to render a native VectorWorks drawing. However, Artlantis is not available for VW 9 in the same format that was available in VW 8 and previous versions.

With that said, Artlantis can import most of the standard file formats (DXF, DWG?, 3D Studio?, IGES, VRML, Electric Image?, RIB?) for rendering purposes.

You would have to export the VW drawing as a DXF or DWG and bring that file into Artlantis for rendering. If you have textures in the drawing, chances are they will not be inlcuded in the translated DXF or DWG version. The file corruption error message you are receiving is probably due to the DXF/DWG revision/version you are exporting as. I would assume Artlantis supports DXF/DWG revision 14 and earlier. Artlantis may not support version 2000 and better.

I suggest contacting ArtLantis to see if they plan on developing Artlantis to work with VW 9 and to find out what version DXF/DWG they support.

Of course you can also purchase RenderWorks and use RenderWorks for your photo-realistic rendering needs.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

Art*lantis has a plugin for VW 9 that can be downloaded from its website. I haven't tried with 9.5 yet. There are two files that must be put in the VW Plugins folder - then edit your workspace to have access to the Art*lantis Export menu items.I just checked their site - go to:

http://www.abvent.com/us/software/artlantis/update.asp

They say it is compatible with 9.5.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: George Hannigan ]