Sign in to follow this  
Sarah Darlington

What is a Dump string

I'm trying to make a curved path using Duplicate Array along path but when I use a curve, the curve lenght box just says Dump String and it won't work. It's fine on straight lines.

Also, can anyone recommend some VWorks online tutorials.

Sarah

Are you using Duplicate Array or Duplicate Along Path?

As for tutorials, Archoncad is great, Jonathan's videos are a great jump off point, just search vectorworks or landmark in youtube.

Hi, Thank you. It's a duplicate array along path -- basically a simple stepping stone path. I'll email you the drawing.

Thanks for the recommendation for tutorials. I'll have a look.

Sarah

Sarah,

Another tool that you could use (depending on the design) is the Repetitive Unit Tool. Try it out see if this helps.

Hi Sarah

I've not come across the dump string bit before. Sounds like something has gone wrong. I am happy to have a look at the file for you if you like.

Don't forget you are welcome to come to us with questions.

If you are copying along a curved path, the Duplicate Along Path is what you need. Duplicate Array will work around a circle, along a straight line, or will create a rectangular grid.

How are you getting on with your new Mac?

Hope you are well.

Tamsin