Polylines don't show while drawing?

Playing around more with 2011, I notice that unlike previous versions, the polylines, rectangles, etc. do not show a line while drawing them, just the vertices you click. When I double click to end the operation, then the line work shows up.

I took a quick look through the VW and document preferences to see where I might set that to have lines visible during drawing, but cannot find a relevant setting.

I believe this is something simple I am missing in settings...any help to be had out there from the gurus?

Thanks in advance.

i am having the same problems, but have noticed that the line is actually white while drawing, so you can see it if you are drawing over a base of some sort, but not when drawing normally. we have transfered our templates from 2008, not sure if this has caused problems, i hope not, dont want to have to rebuild them

Based on Ray's post, I am going back and it is only the one class I use most (contour lines) that has this problem. All others draw normally.

I did edit this class after creation and will try to recreate a new class to see if I can rid the bug.

The color of the line is magenta, but I will try to see if it comes up white for some reason.....

Not at all.

FYI, it doesn't happen in a revised file as of today. I do recall resetting the contour class, but in your file, they all show up as no line while drawing. I can't see anything in the settings that would cause that, but in the newer template version they changed back to normal.

If you figure anything out, let me know!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I've been having this problem as well and just discovered that the current line weight seems to effect it. I noticed that a line of 0.05mm has the problem, but 0.13mm does not. When you have the problem look at the active line weight (or the active class attribute LW if you use class attributes) to see if this may be the issue.