Walk through presentation

OK I need some help from the "wheels" on this discussion board.

I have an opportunity to give a large sales presentation. I opened my mouth and suggested that we do an animated fly/walk through of the floorplan. I have done this before but only using the "on board" animator in VW. no texturing, no graphics, just simple rendered surfaces.

So...

1-would renderworks be sufficient for the texture/surface portion of the plan, or is there a more efficient add on?

2-is there an animator that would be better to use than what is already provided in VW 9.5(mind you I don't need character animation, just static movement)

3- VW uses quick time to give the finished product is there a better platform with which to finalize and burn to cd?

Bryce 5 is a much more powerful animation program,

but you need to export everything to it in DXF, assign materials, fix problems, learn how to use it.

Rendering quality will be fantastic, but forget the simple and quick VW Renderworks inteface; it takes time to learn it.

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to use Bryce as a rendering engine!I'll agree that Bryce might give you great results, however it is a whole new program and may not be the best option.I have an associate that has gotten good results with Art-lantis. It offers a more direct interface for coloring and texturing, as well as key-frame camera movement.

quote:

Originally posted by Giovanni:
Bryce 5 is a much more powerful animation program,but you need to export everything to it in DXF, assign materials, fix problems, learn how to use it.Rendering quality will be fantastic, but forget the simple and quick VW Renderworks inteface; it takes time to learn it.

Hi Eric

I agree with David ... your best option is to use Art-lantis because it very easy to use and with the Art-lantis plug-in for VW, updates are a breeze, also animations are easy to create ... just follow the tutorials .... I learned it in less than a day !!!

I always make an uncompressed QuickTime animation file and then edit it in Adobe Premiere 6, titles, fades, music etc(and export it uncompressed again)then get a realy good clean compression using Cleaner 5. From Cleaner you can also export many different file formats QuickTime, AVI, MPEG, Real etc etc

Klaus