Wall rendering

Ozzie

This came about because I thought ? I could do my own drawings for my upper storey extension ? easy as I am a Landmark genius ? yeah sure about 4 hours later realising I knew very little about walls - ggggrrrr ggggrrr ggggrrr

I have Windoor and mostly have my head around it ? really great PIO

Michael was correct ? image attached ? WallsOIP

Obviously when dealing with walls there are several ways to apply renders

We can apply textures through Classes ? I managed to get the sills on my WD windows right by making my WD 3D Wall Sills the same Class as my External Walls with that Texture selected also in Other

This wall dialogue in the OIP ? Parts ? is just to fine tune ends and things ? correcto?

If I had a wall that I wished to show different textures to I could do it all in the OIP if I chose to I think

Given the above is maybe correct question is when do you use Wall Styles and if you use them how do you do that without stuffing up the above or as an alternative to Classes as above?

What advantages if any do wall styles provide over just using Classes ? obviously you can save them as a Resource

This double storey extension ? double masonry block external walls 90 mm thick each with 70 mm cavity ? 250 mm thick external existing walls - that is why I was exploring Wall Styles

The proposed top floor versus the existing bottom floor ? do I extend the bottom walls up to accommodate the floor trusses or bring the top floor walls down

Cannot wait to do the roof ? that should be a lot of fun

Any help really appreciated

Edited by Ozzie

The best way is through wall styles, this gives you the greatest control when editing, changing, replacing etc, plus to create a similar wall just duplicate it in the resource brouwser and edit.......

The problem with class render setting walls is you often have diff walls in the same class

Problem with render setting walls in the OIP is if you have many similar walls that need to be changed it takes long time.....