Scrolled ironwork

Hi,

I am a relative novice although have had VW since 2007 and do not use it every day. I am trying to complete a design for ironwork railings and I want a simple arc and curved end to one end. I have prepared a 2D version using lines arcs etc and am trying to compose them into a solid I can extrude and model. I have beed three hours at it so are and cannot fathom out the best tools to fix it all together. The shape comes apart and I cannot get past this stage.

Any help very welcome

David

Peter (and Ray),

I think its always you that saves my day.

I tried compose, and join, add surface, and all failed. It always seems to me with this stuff its choosing the right tool as well as the knowledge like "Must snap or won't work " is imperative.

Thank you for your prompt help. Now I can do something a little more ambitious for my scrolled end bracket.

Regards

David

PS what would be good for idiots like me is a CD of various methods to do variety of shapes. Like "How would you go about a car bonnet" for instance.

Choose the .. tool and the lofting ? tool and ...Does this exist?