Vectorworks 2011 import problem

Vlad

I've just upgraded from 2010 to 2011 and I ran into the following problem: whenever I open an older file (from 2010 or 2009 version) in 2011 the line tool is acting funny. I create a line as usual, and if I want to modify it's length (to let's say 8"), the entire line becomes much longer and in a different angle (relative to some unknown point).

Can someone help me with this issue,

Thank you in advance.

This is a file created and saved in 2010. It is stripped down of content, but I kept all classes and layers.

Try to open this file with VW 2011 directly, and just select the line and give it a length of 2. In my case it modifies angle and length inconsistent with what I just typed. Not to mention those leader lines, which I have no idea where they came from.

Now on the other hand, when I tried to create a blank default document in 2010, in order to post it here, I discovered that when I opened it in VW 2011 it works just fine. So I think it's just a class or layer setting, broken from one version to another. I would like to track exactly which though, because I have all my files with all kind of classes and symbols, and I would hate to have to create those all over again.

Thank you, and I hope you can help me figure this out.

Edited by Vlad

Apparently yes... And backwards compatibility is one of my main concerns, because I use both 2009 and 2011 and also both Windows and Mac. But this is a minor bug, so no harm done. I will try to submit this as a bug report but for the moment I do not have the time to provide all that information requested.