plot files/ hp gl2

On a windows machine its a piece of cake. Go to the HP site and download the printer drivers for one of their plotters (fortunately all their drivers are free downloads). the Design Jet 600 will work fine. Install it as another printer on the windows machine (it dosen't matter if there really is no plotter connected) Then simply print the file using this driver but check the save as file box in the print dialogue.

On a mac it's nearly impossible unless you get macplot which will run from $400 to $1000 depending on which version you get.

Good Luck

If you are using a Macintosh, you will need to use an application like Macplot (?$500) to create HPGL2 files for plotting. Information about this program is available on the Nemetschek web site and is listed under something like ?Third Party Solutions.?

I have also talked to people who have used Archicad?s ?Plotmaker? software to accomplish the same thing, but I do not believe this is as good a solution unless you already have a copy of Plotmaker.

IF you are using a PC you are in luck. I think you will only need to download the driver for an HP plotter.

If you are using a Mac and want to have plots made by a commercial printer, another approach for plotting is to use Adobe Acrobat to create PDF files for delivery to a the printer. This works well for me here in Washington DC.