VW 2009 crashes on import

Barry_Williams

Question

We have an issue with a couple of dwg files received from a consultant that keep on causing VW 2009 to crash when importing.Not all the files we have received from them have the same problem, most of them import correctly.

We also have autocad in the office and have opened the file and tried re saving it in a number of different formats such as DXF and DWG for all versions down to 2000.

I suspect that there is an object contained within the files that is corrupt or incompatible with VW. We have got the consultant to purge the file and clear out any extra information contained within. Short of deleting objects one by one to determine the corrupt element, we're a bit stuck on this one

Just wondered if anyone else has come across the same problem and managed to find a work around

2 answers to this question

I've been running into a similar problem in VW 2009. I've tried numerous things to get a DWG to import correctly that was originally created in AutoCAD2010. I eventually had to have the architects to explode all blocks and save down to a version 12 DXF, which then imported fine. I was kind of surprised that we had to go to such lengths to get the DWG to import properly. Perhaps this strategy would work for you as well.