2d plans in 3d

Hello,

I'm still working with the old VW 11 and was wondering if in the new release (2010) it is possibile to display a simple 2d line drawing in a 3d perspective.

As far as I know, it is possble to display in 3d only 3d elements. I must say I've never really checked deeply how to work in 3d, maybe it's possible even with VW 11.

From from my few efforts with 3d in VW 11, it seems not possibile.

Anyone can correct me on this matter?

Thanks

Check out the new videos on vw2011. I think it will do what you're after. If you upgrade, you'll find there's a good progress from vw11 but not as much as you think because you can put vw2009, vw2010 and vw2011 into one release-basically.

However what I think you might find annoying is that all versions after version 11 does not support hardware assisted 2D navigation. eg. "pans" will be fill the screen with white spaces. You won't get the good "pans" that you currently get with vw11.

HTH,

I am really impressed with Vw 2011, and how everything in 2D will render in 3D. This includes text, dimensions, hatches, and images. I can really use this for building elevations -- the webinar's video demonstrated how to extract a poly surface on a wall object on a building model, and then putting a brick hatch on it. This eliminates doing any 2D hatching on the annotation layer.

-- the webinar's video demonstrated how to extract a poly surface on a wall object on a building model, and then putting a brick hatch on it. This eliminates doing any 2D hatching on the annotation layer.

The problem comes when windows or doors or objects in the wall changing or the wall itself changing, you have to constantly remember to update the hatch associated to that wall. So it's always a 2 step process-that's a bit of a let down.