can a vw9 installation on an mac os 8.0, corupt the mac os 8 and disable running vw ?

hi forum, i would like to know a technical fact about os mac 8, i was a long time win user now learning about the mac os.

so there is that guy that tried to install vw9 on a os mac 8 ! (it didn't work - as written on cd !) so after that he tried to run his older version of vw version 8.5 again and he could not open it anymore. so after installing vw8 again still no running vw program.

my question: is it technically possible that a vw9 installation on a mac os 8 overwrites any mac system files and makes vw not run anymore ? I don't think so !

if that's true just don't answer this post here, thx and a happy new year all

My opinion: Update your MAC OS to version 9.1 . It is fairly stable and will run 99% of any Mac software, including VW 9.5 (although printing is a work in progress. Keep a copy of VW 9.0.1). You can get the 9.1 OS from apple's website. Like any major upgrade there will probably be bugs and kinks (extension conflicts) to work through. Do not despair. It might take a couple of days of frustration, but in the end you will be happy! PLC (G4/450DP)