Adding Accessories

cplonka

What version are you using? Did the drawing start life in an earlier version?

In 2010, after the second click to set rotation, the curser turns to a +

In earlier versions it turns to a target

Then click on the target instrument.

Are you getting a dialog warning:

"No object was chosen. Select the instrument

associated with this accessory." ?

If you are not getting that warning, it might be another problem.

Did it work before and doesn't work now?

You might try starting with a blank document. Import an instrument and scroller from the VW library. Insert the instrument and give it a made up position name and unit number in the OIP.

Now insert the accessory. After the third click, it should say in the OIP that it is an accessory and it should have the same position and unit number as the instrument. If it works in a new document, but not in the document you are working on, you may have a corrupt symbol...

Thanks for the reply - I am using VW10. The document started in 2010, so that shouldn't be the problem. But yes - "No object was chosen. Select the instrument associated with this accessory." is the dialog box I'm getting. Up to this point I had yet to insert accessories. I will try a new document and see if that works. You did mention - "Insert the instrument and give it a made up position name and unit number in the OIP"... the instruments have position names, but not numbers yet. I'll check that as well.