Objects are not opaque in Top & Top/Plan View

Hi,

Please forgive me if this seems that this is a very basic question. Unfortunately, I have been unable to make new objects that I draw in 2D opaqaue. I have set the attributes of the class and still this does not happen. I have the grid on at the moment and have set the fill colour to white. However, I can still see the grid through the object.

I have played around with design layer opacity, unckecked and checked the GDI setting in preferences, but still to no avail.

I have looked on the techboard and saw a similar problem with a user back in 2002. I did try to follow these instructions, but this did not work.

I have made a 3D object from an extrude and again, I still cannot make it opaque in plan or top.

In the knowledge base I have watched 2 good movies and this still has not helped with this problem.

I am a new user to Vectorworks but have knowledge of AutoCAD and other visualisation software.

I would appreciate any help with this matter.

I am currently using:

Vectorworks 2010 SP4

Windows 7 64bit Professional

Thanks in advance

stellastar

Probably is not this, but worth checking:

Are 2d objects visible through each other, or only the grid? Could you be using a working plane above the ground plane, thereby showing the grid floating above the objects?

In addition to layer opacity, there is 2d object opacity. It's controlled in a bar in the attributes palette. You could be defaulting to some setting for low opacity.

Post a file where this is happening.

-B

Hi Benson,

The strangest thing - I have just started work on a new document and changed the page size to A4 and the scale is 1:1. By default all my documents open in ISO A0 and have a scale of 1:25.

The problem I originally had is gone and when I draw objects in the resized document it all works perfectly and I can no longer see the grid through the 2D objects.

I have also resized the document back to the default ISO A0 and scale of 1:25 and even this works when I draw objects.

Not quite sure what I've done wrong or if this is the only way I will get to see the solid objects.

I Also think that you may have a point about the planes and I'm looking into this.

Many thanks,

stellastar