Wacom Bamboo- Zoom

I have been using a Wacom Bamboo tablet for around six months now and I love it. My biggest gripe tho, is trying to work out how to zoom (2D) in and out with the same ease as a scroll wheel on a mouse. At the moment I am having to zoom with either cmd+1/2, or chose the interactive zoom tool.

Does anyone know of a way to toggle in and out of 2D zoom simply by using a key/button combo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

No, but I think I had mine configured so that zoom/pan was activated by pressing cmd/pen button (ie.cmd and right mouse button). then you only have to find the cmd key instead of 2 on the keyboard, this makes it a little easier to keep your eyes on the screen.

You can change/assign shortcut keys in the workspace editor. I think the default for zooming is cmd + and cmd -.....

Edited by Vincent C

Ok, sounds like an idea, but then you dont have a right click...? I have the 'primary button' set as 'middle click' (within the Bamboo pref) so the pan toggle is available on the primary button (useful). However still looking for a zoom toggle. I noticed if i hold 'ctrl' with my 'primary' button (set as middle button) gives me the 3D rotate (flyover) tool. I am wondering if I can change this to 2D zoom toggle instead?? Just don't know how to...?

Dont know if this makes a difference but im running 2008.

Ok, sounds like an idea, but then you dont have a right click...?

Sorry I was mistaken I suddenly remembered what it was I did, I assigned a single shortcut key (in my case the C key) to the Zoom/Pan command. Which then functions in the same way as with a mouse ie. press and hold right mouse button and move the mouse/pen to zoom in and out.

I noticed if i hold 'ctrl' with my 'primary' button (set as middle button) gives me the 3D rotate (flyover) tool. I am wondering if I can change this to 2D zoom toggle instead?? Just don't know how to...?

Dont know if this makes a difference but im running 2008.

You have to find the short cuts assigned to these functions in the workspace (Tools>Workspace>Edit current workspace etc etc....) or in the Wacom preferences.....

Ok. To toggle zoom with a Bamboo tablet. Right and left click set as you would have on a mouse, if you left click and hold the space bar it toggles to pan, if you then press CMD key too, it will toggle to the interactive zoom!!! You have to press them in that order otherwise you will end up searching with spotlight.

Now I have access to my VW heres another solution along the lines I explained (it seems that your latest solution still includes a lot of clicks and keystrokes:

Your last pen setup will work however it's perhaps even better with the tip as the left mouse button and the other button as the 3rd mouse button (see my suggestion later on)(have a look what suites you best, perhaps the key nearest esc or x (which cancels the zoom function is appropriate)

First assign the key of choice with the shortcut to the zoom tool (see attached image)

(To be even more effective you can assign the 3rd mouse button on your pen the corresponding key in the Wacom settings, thus when you want to zoom just press the 3rd pen/mouse button and voila, esc to exit.....)

then make sure the interactive setting is activated in the mode bar (it will remain this way as long as it is not changed).

Now all you have to do is press the correct key/pen button and zoom/pan accordingly, esc will bring you back to the 'drawing board'

I hear your reasoning on using the tip as the primary click (which is the setting i usually use), the lower pen button as the middle click and top button as right click. What I am after is a toggle key as i dont use keyboard shortcuts much at all, Hitting esc. every time is more work than just lifting your finger off the toggle key. So the 'space and cmd' in combo work for me best.

Its a case of 'I answered my own question' but thank you everyone for your contributions.

Hi,

I'm zooming in and out all the time with pushing the lower part of that white button on the Side of the Pen, and then moving the Tip of the Pen on the Surfcae of the Tablett.

It's zooming in and out depending on the direction you move the Pen.

The effect is very "speedy", and it took a moment to get used to it.

But now it works perfect me.

(well, somtimes if I hit an object before I pushed the Button I drag that poor thing all across my drawing...

but thanks to CMD+Z this is not a big Problem)

I didn't change anything in the Setup of VW nor in the Setup of the Tablett.

Edited by Horst M.