Best way to set up large sheets for remote printing

geoform

I want to set up my sheet size as 18x24 or perhaps another size to send out for printing. I have a printer that's only capable of 13x19 size paper.

It looks like I have 2 choices; either "choose size unavailable in printer setup" or select PDF output instead of a printer (which is what I've been doing so far). I don't expect (or want) to set the 13x19 printer to break up the printing, then piece the smaller sheets together, which I can see is an option. Nor do I need to scale down a larger drawing to fit on the 13x19 size, although I can see the benefit of printing out "test" sheets to see if the layout works.

I'm not having any problems, but I'm really just still at the early stages of working through the exercise books and want to figure this out before I get too far along. I'm just wondering if there's a best way to work with sheets larger than my printer can handle, or for that matter, to set up drawings/sheets with no available printer at all (from a laptop on the road for instance). I suppose the answer lies in whether I want to share the documents with other Vectorworks users, or simply send them out to the engineering print shop.

This is probably more of a general workflow question, but since I have Landmark and I bet many Landmark users work with sheet sizes much larger than their printers can print, so I thought I'd try here.