Changing a color

How does one change the color of a texture. I often use the default wall texture for vinyl siding used in many of the exterior walls provided with Vectorworks. When a client requests a color change I generally use a different texture because I don't know how to change the color of the default texture. The color box in the edit texture window has nothing to do with color as I see it.

Vincent, I'm not interested in creating a texture, I want to edit the color of the yellow vinyl siding texture that comes with VW's. Some time ago I exported/converted this texture to a PNG image and edited the color with Adobe Photoshop but I can't remember how I did it!

Regarding your advice, can you please be more specific. Step by step instuctions would be very helpful. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

One quick way is, rather than using yellow, apply the white siding as the wall texture.

Then in the OIP - under the Render tab click on the little down triangle next to the Texture-Siding White drop down. Select Edit Image Shader then FilterColor -and select your favourite color for the siding.