Help deciding vectorworks or revit beginner never touched either

I am currently studding my second last year of school in high school (yr11) going into last year (yr12) and in yr 12 i have to complete a major work for the year my plans are to design with all floor plans construction plans and everything. A very origami style house a little like an indoor climbing wall style.

I have no experience with either revit architecture or VW however my teacher can use revit but i would probably have to learn allot of it myself anyway.

What would you guys recommend for the easiest quickest program for a quite complex design using alot of angles and shapes kinda like this

http://www.mcbridecharlesryan.com.au/#/projects/klein-bottle-house/

I have to do all the different drawings like structural orthogonal and stuff and then a good presentation of the house like a walk though video.

I'm new to these forum and all this stuff any help will be very much appreciated thank you very much.

I don't know much how Revit models therefore I'm not sure whether that style of architecture is possible in Revit.

VW however, can model that style and vw is very easy to learn. The problem comes when making plans for that style of architecture (the link you posted). The current state of vw doesn't automatically create 2D representation of certain 3D objects. The 3D tools needed to create that architecture are unfortunately some of the tools that create those "3D objects without 2D representation".

There are work-arounds but they are a bit complicated for a new-comer. My advise is to check if revit can model that building in 3D and have an automatic representation in 2D (and vice-versa), if it does then Revit is the choice, if not, vw wins.

Also as Diamond has said, wait for vw2011 to finally make your choice.

Thanks alot i really appreciate it from everyone im probably looking towards going with Vectorworks from the suggestions.it sounds like Vectorworks would fit more appropriately with the design im looking for.

As soon as i get a mac in the next couple of weeks il get learning.

And if i need help with the 2d plans i know i have a good community here to help thank you very much