Sign in to follow this  
Yoginathaswami

Vectorworks 2011 ?Release note

Guy,

I agree with you.

I think NV no longer have any interest in listening to MD users requests as MD is history, and NV clearly states "There are no plans to do further development on Machine Design specific functionality"

Now it is time for us MD users to part with VW.

I was really hoping not to have to draw circles and arcs in a viewport in order to dimension the parts. I was also hoping that the (3D) dimensions would be associative in the viewport so I didn't have to re-dimension every change.

I'll keep hoping for 2012 but maybe this is something that is not easy to do.....I am no programmer.

I was really hoping not to have to draw circles and arcs in a viewport in order to dimension the parts. I was also hoping that the (3D) dimensions would be associative in the viewport so I didn't have to re-dimension every change.

Oh yes, that would have been nice.

Edited by Oyvind

my mistake earlier:

Not only does Dimension Exterior Walls does in fact work as an annotation in the Sheet Layer Viewport - you can also specify the Design Layer to be used AND the dimensions can be associated to the walls:

I wasn't dreaming - annotations can be live!