Vectorworks 2011 ?Release note

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the Norwegian PR says

"With the release of Vectorworks 2011, Nemetschek VectorWorks expand its subscription program, Vector Works Services Select, bl. a. to customers in the U.S. and the UK. This option is also available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, where it was started as a pilot project last year. Establishment of VectorWorks Service Select for Norwegian users are expected established in autumn 2010."

We're still stuck in the stone age in terms of working in teams and I'll have to take a look to see if the window and stair tools are finally usable or not but, with Design Layer Section Viewports, a Wall Tool that can actually model walls, floor slab components, simplified roof tool and the elimination of the Styles classes, this is potentially the first version of VW I'm willing to use to transition our practice to a full 3D workflow.

Just need to find the cash to upgrade our ageing fleet of G5s.

Chris,

According to the Apple.com specs you should be able to watch .mov files on your iPad. It is the QuickTime file format, after all....

Just download them and add them to your iTunes.

Hmmmm....Sounds like a codec problem.

.mov is just a container. The files are likely not encoded properly to be played on the iPad (in which case they would have to be converted). They should be encoded as MPEG-4 or H.264.

Then again, I don't have an iPad because my wife "forgot" that I wanted one more than anything for my birthday, so I can't check them for you. :-(

Happy Day,

V-G.

.mov is just a container. The files are likely not encoded properly to be played on the iPad (in which case they would have to be converted). They should be encoded as MPEG-4 or H.264.

Then again, I don't have an iPad because my wife "forgot" that I wanted one more than anything for my birthday, so I can't check them for you. :-(

Happy Day,

V-G.

They don't play on the iPad or on the iPhone.

As for downloading them...well that sounds like hassle....the point is, I wanted to watch them on my "sofa computer", rather than at my desk...

Happy Day,

V-G.

They don't play on the iPad or on the iPhone.

As for downloading them...well that sounds like hassle....the point is, I wanted to watch them on my "sofa computer", rather than at my desk...

And you could if they were encoded properly. That's my point. :-)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sounds interesting. I hope we're offered a subscription service....at the right price of course....

Hi Chris and Christiaan,

The Vectorworks Service Select offering is available in the UK. You can find out more about the offering and request a quote through Computers Unlimited.

http://www.vectorworks-cad.co.uk/vw/vss/index.jsp

Tel: 020 8358 6668

Email: vss@unlimited.com

Best Regards,

Jeremy Powell

Director Product Marketing

Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.

7150 Riverwood Drive

Columbia, MD 21046 USA

T 410-290-5114 x652

F 410-290-8050

E jpowell@vectorworks.net

www.vectorworks.net

On your desktop. Around the world. News about Vectorworks.

http://planet.vectorworks.net

The whole point of BIM is not to do things more than once. I find the method advised for applying 3D hatches to walls, Non-BIM. If the wall changes, then I have to remember to change the polygon representing the hatch to that wall. Why the double work?

The wall should have had the hatch applied directly to it.

Tsk,Tsk,Tsk