Vectorworks 2011 ?Release note

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we PLEASE have a timely release of the demo disks in the UK this year! I need to review the new version and persuade the partners that the upgrade is worthwhile. With a 12 month cycle I don't want to wait 6 weeks for the disk, take 2 weeks to review it, wait 2 weeks for the partners to meet...you get the idea.

It took so long for the demo disk of 2010 to arrive we thought we'd wait for this year's release!

:)

I don't find that very exciting to be honest. I can't place my finger on why, but it doesn't look as good as SolidWorks or SpaceClaim.

Besides, just before the circles are isolated, the screen goes all blochy because of his navigation and I find that messy.

Let's see what else vw2011 has to offer.

Just my 2c

:)

I don't find that very exciting to be honest. I can't place my finger on why, but it doesn't look as good as SolidWorks or SpaceClaim.

Besides, just before the circles are isolated, the screen goes all blochy because of his navigation and I find that messy.

Let's see what else vw2011 has to offer.

Just my 2c

I found interesting the way 2011 new features are promoted :)

Demonstrated push/pull isn't as flexible as in SU or Spaceclaim but it's small step in the right direction ..

I'll be the stick in the mud then. I don't care much for the marketing technique. I'd rather the software did the talking. Perhaps a few marketing personnel could be dropped so they can take on another interface designer?

Perhaps ...

In fact marketing technique has very little or zero impact on my decisions. It's just only amusing (sometimes);)

... take on another interface designer?

Looks like the interface hasn't seen any change at all from what I can see...which will please many on these boards.

I'd rather they were more radical and introduced a dynamic workspace that adapted to the operations you were performing. We're gonna be scrolling through that unwieldy Object Info palette for a few more years yet...

Looks like a good step forward. I would assume you could select all the circles and push/pull them together.

I would love to see some bigger changes to the UI. Things that keep your focus in the drawing/3D model. As an example, how about the mode bar options for a tool showing up below the heads up display, allowing you to cycle through them with a single key..... sorta like I mocked up below for the polyline tool....

I am looking forward to taking VW 2011 for a spin!

Kevin