Blended Video Screens

I would like to be able to have a 10'x30' and a 17.5'x85' rear projection screen as an option within the "create screen" feature. The catch is, I need to be able to choose either three, four, or five projectors in this blended application.

As far as I can tell, spotlight limits me to only converging two projectors at once. There is no support for blending of multiples projectors. Having the features that are available in a screen's object info palette would be a huge time saver when it comes to setting lensing, cone, overlap, rigging, etc.

Can I build a custom screen from scratch and make it a resource, then define that resources as a screen object?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Creating a screen with multiple projectors can be done easily using the Blended screen in the Spotlight Tool Set.

In a new blank file, place and configure the blended screen and then click Insert Projectors. This will create the screen with multiple projectors.

Getting the screen into the "Create Screen" in simple but takes a few more steps but you only have to do this once.

The "Create Screen" command accesses symbols from the default content library. WV ships just a small representative set. To allow "Create Screen" to access a custom screen you must create a symbol.

Select the Video Screen and Projectors and choose Modify/Create Symbol. In the dialog give the symbol a name and check the option "Convert to Group". You can modify the other options as you like.

Click OK to exit the dialog.

Repeat the process for any other video screens you want to appear in the "Create Screen" command.

Save the file.

Close VW and move the file to your user folder ...\Libraries\Defaults\Event Planning\Screen\

Launch VW and when you run "Create Screen" you will see the new choices listed in the dialog.

The "Blended Screen", objects will be inserted as a group which can be ungrouped to access the individual objects.

Kevin